martes, 15 de febrero de 2011

"Human" Juno



Number 1 of a series of "Human" portraits. I'll try to portray my characters before they became immortal; in that sense, I'll try to emulate the art of the period.

In this case, it's Juno Millet, circa 1420 (middle ages). This was a hard one because I didn't want to distort her features so much to make her look like those... You know, plastic-out-of-proportion middle ages portraits. So I kind of did my own version, but I'll try to avoid that in the next ones X__X It's gonna be sooooo hard with Paul, I know.

There's still six remaining, from Hellenistic Greece to nowadays. Who's gonna be next? I have no clue...

5 comentarios:

Saskia dijo...

You know, I'd swear I have a picture with that dress in my references folder. *to lazy to look*
I love it! I think you've really captured rtant elements of this style. And that's one nice craquelé texture. Looking forward to the others!

moreeileen dijo...

Increíble como todo lo que haces!

MayYeo dijo...

Saskia: Oh yes, I did copy the dress but I don't remember the artist >.< the pattern on the sleeve is from another painting. Thank you so much!

Eileen: Gracias! X3

Ma-ding Tosh dijo...

this is fantastic! looking forward to your next portrait.

MayYeo dijo...

Thank you XD I just posted a WIP of the next one!